1. Kill Head LiceA few years ago, I unfortunately got lice. I tried all the products that the local drug stores had to offer and found that nothing worked. Afraid of killing more brain cells than lice, I refrained from using any more toxic chemicals on my hair and resorted to mayonnaise. It is a safe way to kill lice, and it works! Massage mayonnaise into your hair and cover it with a shower cap before you go to sleep. Wash it out in the morning and use a fine comb to comb out any dead eggs. If needed, repeat 7-10 days later.
2. Fix Cracks in Wood FurnitureFill small cracks in your wood furniture with mayonnaise, then smooth over the top, removing any extra mayo. Leave the mayonnaise as is for a few days, and it will release oils and proteins that will make the wood swell up and shrink the crack, making it almost invisible!
3. Remove Sticky AdhesivesWant to get sticky price tags or glue type residue off containers, mirrors, glass, or bumpers? Instead of buying expensive products, use a little bit of mayonnaise! Rub the sticky spot with mayonnaise, remove with a cloth, and you will have a clean, smooth surface.
4. Condition Your HairAfter my lice fiasco, I discovered how soft my hair felt! Massage mayonnaise into your hair and cover with a shower cap. Leave it in for a bit and then wash it out. The mayonnaise moisturizes your hair and gives it a great shine!
5. Relieve Sunburn PainIf you’re like me, you sit in the sun for way too long and have to deal with the painful results. If you’ve run out of aloe, gently rub mayonnaise over the sunburns and feel instant moisturizing and cooling of the skin.
6. Give Yourself a FacialWipe away all those dead skin cells and leave your face feeling smooth and clean. Spread mayonnaise onto your face, and leave it on for about 20 minutes. Wipe off and rinse with water, then enjoy the results.
7. Clean Piano KeysIf your piano keys are looking a little less white recently from repeated use, mayonnaise can help you return them to looking their ivory best. Apply a tiny bit of mayonnaise on a damp cloth and rub each piano key, removing any yellow residue.
8. Strengthen Your FingernailsAre your nails constantly chipping or breaking? An easy and cheep way to strengthen them is to apply mayonnaise to each finger nail for five minutes and wash off with warm water. This will help reduce the number of hangnails you get too!
9. Remove Crayon MarksAre kids destroying your wooden floors with crayons? Put some mayonnaise on the crayon marks and let it soak for a few minutes. Wipe away the marks with a damp cloth.
10. Make Your Plant Leaves ShinePlants looking dull? Wish they would shine the way they did when you first purchased them? Get a clean and shiny look that will last for week or even months. Take a little bit of mayonnaise and rub each leave using a paper towel to get the sleek shine professional florists get with their plants.
Information from www.wisebread.com/10-unexpected-home-